I am in love with these confidence quotes I found in my most-recent library borrow: 1001 Ways to Confidence.
Be sure to check those out.
And if you’d like to pick up the confidence book, you can find it here on Amazon. It’s part of a series… I have the happiness book too. Expect quotes from that next.
Now, here are the confidence quotes I promised.
1. Accept yourself; then others will.
2. Confidence is like a seed that needs to be nurtured, so that it grows.
3. Confidence is your reward for overcoming fear.
4. Confidence involves self-respect; knowing your rights and valuing yourself as a person.
5. If we allow others to disrespect us, we start to disrespect ourselves.
6. Believe in your ability, and you may find yourself being able to do greater things than you ever expected.
7. Inferiority is a state of mind in which you’ve declared yourself a victim.
8. Being free from the fear of failure means you can focus more clearly on what you’re doing – and will be more likely to succeed.
9. Confidence is being prepared for any circumstances. Because circumstances are always outside your control.
10. Loving others and loving yourself are two parts of the same whole.
11. Confidence is trusting your own instincts, not relying on other people to tell you how to behave.
12. Compete with yourself, not with others.
13. Worrying is a complete cycle of useless thought revolving around a pivot of fear.
14. You can measure a person’s confidence by what it takes to discourage them.
15. Confident people do not bully others. Bullies are insecure people who are afraid to let others have their own way.
16. Confidence isn’t just about being optimistic. It’s about being realistic, too, and determined to do your best whatever the circumstances.
17. My aim in life is to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am.
18. Becoming a confident person is setting out on a voyage of discovery.
19. Don’t bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself. – William Faulkner
20. The quickest route to giving a person confidence is to love them.
21. You can’t connect the dots looking forward, you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something: your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. Because believing that the dots will connect down the road will give you the confidence to follow your own heart, even when it leads you off the well-worn path – Steve Jobs
22. Confidence is the force that drives you towards your dream.
23. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
24. No one can steal your dreams. They belonged to you, and only you.
25. Don’t live down to other people’s expectations of you; live up to your own.
26. Life isn’t a matter of finding yourself. It’s more to do with creating yourself.
27. Always be a first-rate version of yourself, not a second-rate version of somebody else. – Judy Garland
28. A good leader inspires people to have confidence in him. A great leader inspires people to have confidence in themselves. – Lao Tzu
29. I quit being afraid when my first venture failed and the sky didn’t fall down. – Allen H. Neuharth
30. Most of the shadows in this life are caused by standing in one’s own sunshine. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
31. Try not to label yourself, or the people you love. Instead, see them as personalities that are constantly changing and growing.
32. Confidence is the hinge on the door to success. – Wally Amos
33. He who has never tasted what is bitter does not know what is sweet.
34. Confidence does not come from renown, fame, and flattery, but from the respect that we give ourselves.
35. Every time people say things you find hurtful, put yourself in their shoes, and ask yourself why they might have said that. You’ll realize that their remarks spring from their own insecurities, and have nothing to do with you.
36. Discipline weighs ounces; regret weighs tons.
37. Envy is a waste of time.
38. Footprints on the sands of time are not made by sitting down.
39. The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. – Eleanor Roosevelt
40. If at first you don’t succeed, you’re doing it wrong. Learn from the experience. Try again, but with a different approach. – Steve Maraboli
41. Don’t make excuses for your mistakes. Own up, and show that you have the confidence to take responsibility for what you’ve done.
42. If we did all the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves. – Thomas Edison
43. Do not be afraid to travel slowly; only be afraid to stand still. – Chinese proverb
44. If you fear something, you give it power to rule your life.
45. Worrying is hard work. Give yourself a break. Tell yourself you’ll come back to that worrying later, and then forget to do so!
46. Long-term goals depend on short-term achievements.
47. Motivation is when your dreams put on their work clothes.
48. The best angle to approach any problem in life is the try-angle.
49. Set your goal; set your schedule; set your deadline; and then set your leisure time!
50. People often feel they should keep their problems to themselves. Don’t. Tell people you love and trust about your worries; with a good support system behind you, you’ll find you can begin to deal with whatever life throws at you.
Hope you loved these confidence quotes! Which were your favorites? Let me know in the comments. 🙂