I found this great book: 1001 Ways to Empowerment during my last library run. I’m not even halfway through it but I’m so impressed by how many great short, empowering quotes it has. So I thought I’d share them with you.
I found the book on Amazon (see it here [affiliate link]) in case you’re interested. And it’s part of a series. There are also books on leadership, patience, and success. I’m looking forward to borrowing them when I’m done with this one.
Anyway, here are the quotes I promised.
Short Empowering Quotes
- Empowerment is simply finding the most direct path to your true self.
- At the centre of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want. – Lao Tzu
- Go your own way. Light your own path. Be your own guide.
- Empowerment doesn’t require a leap of faith, just a small step of self-belief.
- Where are you going, if you aren’t prepared to go all the way?
- Simply copying what others do will never lead to self-empowerment. You learn empowerment by doing things yourself, and seeing what works best for you.
- Lift yourself up, don’t put yourself down.
- Whenever you can, take a moment to rebalance yourself. Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and remind yourself that you are capable of great things.
- Eat healthily, even if you are in a rush. A healthy body leads to a healthy mind.
- Being happy doesn’t mean everything is perfect. It means you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.
- The reason distractions are so dangerous is because deep down we love them. Accept this and ensure that you keep your ‘distraction time’ separate from your working time.
- It is often easier to empower others than it is to empower ourselves, because we find it easier to see clearly what it is that others need. The difficult part of self-empowerment is looking honestly into ourselves.
- Being silent isn’t being strong, it’s being a victim. – Jane Powell
- Nothing comes from nothing: empowerment is born from a desire to change.
- I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love, and abundance. Then, whenever doubt, anxiety, or fear try to call me, they will keep getting a busy signal – and soon they’ll forget my number. – Edith Armstrong
- A ship is safe in the harbor but that is not what ships are for. – Albert Nimeth
- One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time. – Andre Gide
- Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood. – Marie Curie
- All difficulties are temporary: only quitting last forever.
- Remember that just because somebody throws you a problem, it doesn’t mean that you have to catch it.
- Reward yourself; don’t wait for others to praise you – sometimes you need to pat your own back.
- Forget yesterday and don’t worry about tomorrow, just focus on being happy today.
- Don’t aim to be perfect, just aim to be authentic.
- Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who are alive. – Howard Thurman
- You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. – A. A. Milne
What did you think of these short, empowering quotes? Do you feel inspired?