We all need a little confidence boost sometimes, so here are some wonderful self-confidence quotes to remind you ‘you got this!’ These quotes are from the book: 1001 Ways to Confidence; which I talked about in my recent post: 50 Confidence Quotes to Boost Yours Today (there are a couple repeated ones too).
1. Confidence involves self-respect; knowing your rights and valuing yourself as a person.
2. If we allow others to disrespect us, we start to disrespect ourselves.
3. Believe in your ability, and you may find yourself being able to do greater things than you ever expected.
4. Confidence is being prepared for any circumstances. Because circumstances are always outside your control.
5. Loving others and loving yourself are two parts of the same whole.
6. Accept yourself; then others will.
7. As a member of the human race, you are equal to all other human beings in the world. Never forget that.
8. Confidence is trusting your own instincts, not relying on other people to tell you how to behave.
9. Look in the mirror everyday and say out loud, ‘I like myself’.
10. Compete with yourself, not with others.
11. If you rely on the opinions of others to give you confidence, you’re bound to fail.
12. Don’t immediately respond to compliments with a negative comment about yourself. Learn to accept them gracefully when they come.
13. Don’t bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself. – William Faulkner
14. Every great achievement starts with the decision to try, and the confidence to act.
15. When you feel mistreated and misunderstood, you may be tempted to play the martyr. Don’t. Chances are, no one will notice you suffering in silence.
16. Grasping opportunities when they come along is a sign of self-confidence and willingness to challenge oneself.
17. Don’t live down to other people’s expectations of you; live up to your own.
18. The best way to become confident is to tackle what you’re scared of.
19. It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves. – Edmund Hillary
20. If you put a low value on yourself, you can’t expect others to raise the price.
21. I was always looking outside myself for confidence and strength, but it comes from within. It is there all the time. – Anna Freud
22. We always have a distorted view of ourselves. The things we regard as weaknesses may actually be strengths, and what we like about ourselves may not be as important to others as we think.
23. Don’t wait passively for something to happen. Be proactive – go out and make it happen!
24. Confidence is: self-esteem; optimism; courage; integrity; the ability to trust oneself, and to trust others; an understanding of one’s capabilities; and the energy to fulfill one’s potential.
25. Do what you believe to be right, whatever other people think. Ignoring mockery and criticism and confidently following your own path, is a sign of your integrity, and in time, you will be respected for it.
26. If we did all the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves. – Thomas Edison
27. Motivation is when your dreams put on their work clothes.
28. Believe you are powerful
Believe you are strong
Believe you can achieve your goals
Believe in the promise of tomorrow
Believe you can fulfill your dreams
Believe in yourself.
29. Everybody wants to be confident, but there are no shortcuts. Confidence comes through hard work, testing yourself, and not being afraid to fail.
30. You can only become what you are by refusing to be what others decided you should be.
I hoped these self-confidence quotes helped. And remember you are amazing!