A while back, I posted some empowerment quotes I found in 1001 Ways to Empowerment. You can find them here: 25 Short Empowering Quotes to Inspire You. I wasn’t half way through the book then – but I’m done now. So I’m sharing the other inspiring quotes I found.
- Research suggests that just by thinking happy thoughts we become happier. The same is true with empowerment: begin to believe that you are powerful and you will instantly feel more powerful.
- The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. – Elbert Hubbard
- Great ideas come grow from the tiniest thought, as long as you carefully nurture that thought with optimism and confidence.
- Nothing erodes confidence more rapidly than wallowing in self-pity. When things are going badly, it’s time to get out and embrace new opportunities, not draw the curtains and hide away.
- Try not to look at others for reassurance and validation: only you can really know whether your heart is true, and empowerment means learning to trust your judgement of yourself.
- When you forgive, your heal your own anger and hurt and are able to let love lead again. It’s like spring cleaning for your heart. – Marcia Shimoff
- If you want others to be happy practise compassion. If you want to be happy, practise compassion. – the Dalai Lama
- Don’t fear failing: we all fail from time to time. Empowerment is the ability to rise to our feet again whenever we fall.
- If your find qualities you admire in others, cultivate them in yourself.
- Forget about the fast lane. If you want to fly, just harness your power to your passion. Honor your calling. Everybody has one. Trust your heart and success will come to you. – Oprah Winfrey
- Don’t aim for perfection, just improvement – eventually you find yourself closer to perfection than you ever thought possible.
- Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it. – Chinese proverb
- The hardest battle to win in life is the battle we fight against our own negative thoughts.
- Wonderful actions are far more powerful than wonderful thoughts and words.
- Apologizing does not make you look weak if you believe you are in the wrong. Apologizing when you believe you are in the right, however, is a sure sign you are allowing yourself to be bullied.
- Act in order to please yourself, rather than to impress others.
- Where do you really want to get to, and what is stopping you? Write these down, and refer to them often. Tackle the obstacles one by one – and don’t forget to check that you still want to get where you are heading.
- We sometimes spend so long preparing for the future that we are unprepared for the present.
- If you cannot find contentment within yourself, you will seek it in vain elsewhere.
- Remember that what you do will always drown out what you say.
- The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and the beginning the work of becoming yourself. – Anna Quindlen
- To change one’s life: 1) start immediately; 2) do it flamboyantly; 3) no exceptions. – William James
- To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not on my plan, but also believe. – Anatole France
- It’s not your job to like me, it’s mine. – Byron Katie
- Happy people continuously change; and because they change they become more and more happy; and then more and more change is possible. – Osho
- Achievement seems to be connected with action. Successful men and women keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit. – Conrad Hilton
- The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. – Ayn Rand
- Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- The quickest way to feel better is to help somebody else to feel better.
- You don’t always reap what you sow in this life – but don’t let that stop you sowing goodness for others to reap.
- Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy. – Dale Carnegie
- If you think too long on your next step, you will end up in life standing on one leg. – Chinese proverb
- If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. – Katharine Hepburn
- I went to the bookstore and asked the saleswoman, “Where’s the self-help section?” she said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose. – George Carlin
More Empowerment Quotes
In case you’re interested, you can get the book on Amazon.
Did you like these empowerment quotes? Any spoke to you?