These happiness quotes are from the book: 1001 Ways to Happiness.
It is part of the series I’ve used for my recent posts on confidence and empowerment quotes.
The series is so good and has so many wonderful quotes.
If you are interested, you can find the happiness book on Amazon here.
As an Amazon Associate, this site earns from qualifying purchases.
1. When we approve of ourselves, rather than always seeking approval from others, we find happiness.
2. Make your own happiness; it’s up to you.
3. Everyone has a different idea of happiness. Follow your own path, not someone else’s.
4. Happiness is a natural outcome of being able to be oneself.
5. Be yourself, with all your faults and strengths.
6. Trust yourself. Then you will know how to live.
7. Happiness is an adventure. Set out on it.
8. Giving to others can be a simple kind word, or gesture.
9. Some pursue happiness, others create it. – George Sand
10. Everyone smiles in the same language.
Happiness quotes and health
11. Happiness is the emotional aspect of health.
12. Creativity is a catalyst for happiness.
13. There are shortcuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them. – Vicki Baum
14. When we’re positive, we become more motivated, engaged, energetic, resilient, and productive.
15. Jumping for joy is good exercise.
16. Positive emotions nourish us.
17. For every minute you are angry, you lose sixty seconds of happiness.
18. He who plants a garden plants happiness.
19. Let go of sadness. Don’t allow it to become a comfort zone.
20. What makes us unhappy with ourselves is the exaggerated idea we have of the happiness of others.
21. Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself. – Confucius
22. It is rare to find a selfish person who is truly happy.
23. Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.
24. Let go of rigid expectations and expand awareness of natural beauty and human kindness.
25. Detox your negative thoughts. It takes willpower and determination, but you can do it!
26. A sorrow shared is a sorrow halved.
27. If you wish to be like someone else, you waste the person you are.
28. Give someone a ‘gratitude gift’. Write down all the reasons you are grateful for them, and tell them.
29. Make a list of things that make you happy. You’ll find there are more of them than you imagined…
30. Build a happiness habit. List five things per day that have made you happy.
31. Five keys to happier living: giving; relating; appreciating; accepting; questing.
32. Fear less, hope more
Whine less, breathe more
Talk less, say more
Hate less, love more
And all good things will be yours. – Swedish proverb
33. Friendship has a stronger effect on happiness than income.
34. Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude. – Denis Waitley
Liked these quotes? Then hop on over to:
25 Short Empowering Quotes to Inspire You
7 thoughts on “Happiness Quotes: Smile, Laugh and Enjoy These 34 Quotes”
Thank you for sharing this! Sometimes I find I’m really not as positive as I want to be, and reading lots of different ideas about happiness is a good way to examine that. The ones that spoke to me were: ‘Happiness is an adventure. Set out on it’ (I think it’s easy to build you identity around not being happy and then you’re scared of trying to be happy) and also ‘let go of rigid expectations’.
Thanks for stopping by 🙂
So many great ones here! I really liked 15 and 3 is such an important one to remember x
If only I could just lose weight from jumping for joy, hahahah!
I love this post, Ros! My fave is “everyone smiles in the same language.” 🙂 . This post makes me smile! Hope you’re having a great weekend!
I’m glad you like it 🙂 Thanks for reading
I love all of these. This came at the exact right time, as I’m currently mega stressed about life. Sometimes we all just need a second to sit back and chill and read quotes like this.
Have a great weekend 🙂
Amy x Wandering Everywhere